Chevening is the United Kingdom’s fully funded international awards programme aimed at developing global leaders. It offers a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to study for a master’s degree at any of the UK’s world leading universities.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- They must have least a first degree
- They must have two years working experience (which includes voluntary, internships, paid and unpaid work)
- They must have a commitment to return to Jamaica to contribute to the country’s development.
- Must be 18 years or older. There is no upper age limit.
The Chevening Scholarship applications opened on September 3, 2020 and will run until November 3, 2020. In an effort to boost the profile of the scholarship and to encourage persons to apply, the British High Commission will be hosting a webinar for members of the PSOJ provide them with the tools they need to prepare them for the Chevening application. The sessions will touch on the following:
- Information about the scholarship
- Best tips on how to write essays with examples
- Advice and guidance from past scholars
The date for this session is Thursday September 24, 2020, 4:00pm to 6:00pm.
To register for the webinar, please go to: psojcheveningwebinar.eventbrite.com
For more information on the scholarship and this webinar, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.